Alright! I’d say I am not much into makeup shopping splurges, but if it’s on sale, then why not? And this is when I got the perfect lipstick for me. Yup! I found my lippie love in Clarins Joli Rouge Brillant – Perfect Shine Sheer Lipstick in Cherry (What a mouthful!)
Here’s the description from the Clarins website:
Sheer, smoothing and gorgeously shiny, the supple and melting texture of the deeply moisturising Clarins Joli Rouge Brillant Perfect Shine Sheer Lipstick has to be felt to be believed.
It is long-lasting, lip-smoothing and extremely comfortable, caring for lips whilst making them look delicious. The sophisticated translucent colours of Joli Rouge Brillant offer a more natural look for the daytime, without comprising on highly pigmented colour and a glamorous Perfect Shine.
Quick to apply, the creamy texture makes application a dream. Apply directly onto lips, or use a lip brush to increase precision and longevity.
- Maxi Lip Complex restructures and redensifies
- Mango Butter repairs, nourishes and protects lips against dehydration
I’m really nodding my assent at this description as it really spot-on. I love thee, Clarin Joli Rouge. Let me count the ways:
1. I’m sorry if I had to get this photos from other blogs as I’ve left mine at home. First, I love the packaging which is a mirror – like silver / metal tube. So shiny that I can use the cap as mirror. It also reminds me of how I just grab my gold-colored Clarins Face Powder Compact from the bag and not bother to open it up to look at my reflection. The case itself is mirror-like already, albeit in a golden tone.
2. The lipstick itself is so pretty. I love the bright red color flecked with micro – glitters and a yummy cherry scent.
3. The important part of the review: It glides on smoothly, even with my slightly chapped lips, like a lip balm. In one swipe, my lips get this sheer tint of red with obvious shine, like I applied sheer lip gloss. The good thing is, the micro-glitters are almost invisible, so what you see are glossed lips. Apply a couple of layers to build up the juicy cherry color, but then again, this is a sheer lipstick, so please do not expect to fully mask you lip color with this like matte or cream lipsticks.
3. I love the natural color it gives and the moisturizing effect on my lips. The color may fade away fairly quickly after a few drinks, or after taking lunch, but the moisture does not. you lips will stay blissfully moisturized for more than four hours.
Yes, this is how my lips look when I build up the color, truly!!!!
To sum it up:
- Provides a sheer red tint on the lips
- Micro-glitters provide added shine without the lips looking like dusted in gritty glitters
- Moisturizes even after eating / drinking
- Mirror-like tube cap can double as some sort of a mirror
- More expensive than your usual drugstore brands like Maybelline and Revlon.
- Will not stay longer as you’d like to.
Do you like your Clarins lipstick? Please share your story. 🙂